Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book renting website.chegg.com review.

I've used chegg.com for quite some time now. It's basically the only store i go to rent or buy books. Not the overpriced, bad customer service book store that they have near the universities/college.
As a low income kid struggling getting by with student loans, chegg really helps out me get my books.

Well this is basically how you use chegg
You enter your ISBN(book code) number for the book that you need. Then it will show you if they have that book in stock for you to rent. They have a nice book selection but once in a while, they don't have the book your looking for. However i have yet to encounter that problem. Now you have a choice to rent the book for the semester or the quarter or summer session.Basically you can when and how long you can rent it for. Btw you have to have a credit card for rent the books. You will get the books within around 7 to ten days. And the returning the book is free shipping via ups.

Overall, don't buy textbooks, rent them.

38 comments:

problem.question said...

its like an online library

MVTM said...

*hug*

Ishu said...

WOW, as far as I know there is not a single place in my country where you can "rent" books, and they are really overpriced!!! That;s so cool, to be able to rent

Lizard said...

awesome book site.

CS said...

Awesome, thanks for the information.

TheCoolIgloo said...

Nothing like savin some $$

Much Poopies! said...

dang i was waiting for something like this, gotta check it!

Biff Tanner said...

Great find thanks man

Janus Kane said...

Hey Dilly, thanks for the awesome tip. I'm signed up for spring semester and you know how bills are. Anything I can do to keep some buffer in my wallet is more than appreciated :) Awesome post, mate.

-JKane

Jamie Madrox said...

Chegg or Itternational editions. It's great.

Jamie Madrox said...

International editions*

Crammarc said...

renting is most def, the way to go

Travie said...

rent ftw

Unreal said...

Chegg is DEFINITELY the way to go, just a piece of advice to any college students who didn't know.

Blake said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm starting college soon so I need all the help I can get.

Unknown said...

I lucked out, the university I go to doesn't charge for book rentals. Mind you, I'm paying about $5k more for a Bachelors, but still. They could have got away with it if they wanted to.

WhebSurf said...

i use amazon and keep the books since they have to do with my major :D

k. hawks said...

i went to bookrenter.com and rented my english book then dropped the class a week later. go me. waiting to get a refund.

Joshua said...

They need to do something like this for New Zealand...maybe a new business idea for myself. Or does this website do it internationally?

Sweeeeeetas said...

I will def cheggit out :D

Mr. Black said...

I've thought about using chegg...I've seen a lot of their ads around my campus recently too.

Thanks for the post.

remzi said...

Cool site

momo said...

awesome site!

Galwarrior said...

Nice update, waiting for more! :]

Anonymous said...

i checked it indeed it has lower prices than the rest. thnx mate.

Anonymous said...

always nice to save some money

Mc Uncool said...

since i loev books i gonna check it out

Home Alone Stoned said...

great site thanks!

Sykefu said...

hehe, where i live they lend them for the year :)

Red Baron said...

we ahve the best library system in the country ;)

Dick Paisley said...

I still think buying used, paperback, international, old editions of textbooks from ebay or amazon is cheaper.

Squall said...

yeah i also rent books, it´s cheaper.

poorfags said...

I used to read books alot, but now I don't have time. ;_;

SaviorSelf said...

this is AWESOME. thanks for the great find!


*following*

hippo said...

All my friends use this, but I never have. I guess I don't like the hassle of returning things when I can just buy them for cheap...

pixel said...

i'll have to check this out

Austin Da Silveira said...

very cool looking service

Lil' Rocker Flower said...

Gonna check them.,

Post a Comment