Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to minimize physical injuries from sk8boarding. DON'T BREAK YOUR SPINE BRO

Sk8boarding is a fun activity, but it can also be dangerous. I don't want you guys to get seriously injured and stop sk8ing forever. Here are some beginners tips to prevent serious harm to your body.

  • 1. First make certain you have all the proper protective gear. Your skateboarding gear must include:  a) Skate shoes; b) A helmet; c) Kneepads; d) Elbow pads; and e) Wristbands. Proctect that spine.
  • 2. Familiarize yourself with your sk8board.  In order to do so, find a grassy area or rest the board on the carpet in your house.  Become comfortable with the sk8board underneath your feet.  Place your feet in different positions on the sk8board.  This includes placing the majority of your weight on the tail or end of the board.
  • 3. Next determine if you feel more comfortable heading off with your left foot or right foot.  Stand on the board and conclude what feels most natural.  The foot that is your strongest or most dominant is your back foot.
  • 4. Learn to push.  Always push off using your back foot.  This is a basic technique.  There are a number of ways you may push off after this basic technique has been fully mastered.
  • 5. Learn how to turn.  Bend your knees to get in a low position then turn the board using your feet.
  • 6. Practice braking by foot.  Start slow and do not perform initially at a high rate of speed.
  • a) Turn your toes to face the nose or the front of the sk8board. 
    • b)  You are also facing toward the front.  Place all your weight onto your front foot.  Keep your back leg straight and slowly lower your back foot to the ground.  c)  The weight of your body is on the front leg.  The body is centered properly as you drag your back foot in order to decrease speed.  
    • c)  Apply light pressure in order to slow down gradually. 
    • d)  Using heavy pressure will slow you down quickly. 
     
     
     
    Hope this shit helps you guys. STAY IN SCHOOL AND PROTECT YOUR SPINE FROM INJURIES. 

P.s  Watch out for cars. Car related injuries will rape up the butt with auto insurance. FYI

mesothelioma is bad mmkay?

48 comments:

J Mo said...

Great tips! I broke my arm a long time ago from skateboarding

Drackar said...

That cat is cute.

MistahDrama said...

I've never broken any bones EVER, and I've done some pretty dumb shit.. Guess I'm just lucky!

Oscar said...

thanks for the tips bro

David Davidson said...

I don't think I'll start skateboarding anytime soon, I'm pretty unbalanced...

Hank Noir said...

nice tips for people starting out dude :)

modest crisis said...

I'll be sure to keep these in mind :3

darkmanx said...

Good tips brah

Longcatisloonng said...

good tips

Claire J. said...

I fractured my leg skateboarding once. :O

Hobo said...

lul don't break your spine

Home Alone Stoned said...

always good to be safe. thanks for the tips

Skutt Panda PO said...

ty iam stupid :P ty for info`s:))

Alex DeLarge said...

good beginners tips

Vlad said...

heh... I already know most of these tips :P

Vlad said...

plz change profile picture...seems to be too four chun related...also del this comm

Mc Uncool said...

ill be the best skater after i read this :D ?

Ishu said...

It´s the first time I see tips like this, very cool! keep it up!!!

Lil Pee said...

I remember my friend lost his skateboard to a fire truck. The fireman just laughed at him. how messed up is that?

remzi said...

Thanks for the tips

Anonymous said...

That pic is awesome

blue syzygy said...

don't think i'm taking up skateboarding any time soon...

Mydailydreams said...

Funny to read that, when i was young i like riding on my sk8. But i was total incouscious...

Come At Me Bro said...

I will try this!

Spencer said...

I hate when I break my spine.

Monarch said...

I don't skate anywho so...

Harrysoon said...

Good info.

Skyshock said...

awesome tips

Anonymous said...

lol now i want to skateboard :D

Anonymous said...

nice post!;)
i like it;)
supportin & follow you;)

Basement Assassin said...

im more of a longboard man myself, got a bad concussion from snowboarding though

Ipod reviews said...

i would tottaly use this info if i skated

Bad MSPainter said...

Skateboarding is pretty rad broski.

Mr. Bloggity said...

Good info here, still don't think I want to get on a board though lol.

Lewis Chan said...

too late bro i broke my spine

Archivist X0042 said...

I cant tell you how many collar bones ive broken dude

Souf. said...

Awesome tips.

Longcatisloonng said...

spine bro would be a cool band name

DongAlong said...

Cool tips. Ill try them out.

Strathlomond said...

I <3 your pic :)

Joshua said...

Nice post, my mum laughed at the picture.

Saturday Sports Blog said...

Great tips for starting out!

netz3r0 said...

haha, i didn't know that?! or did i? good post anyway :D

Archivist X0042 said...

it takes serious skill to live on, eh?

Joshua said...

Never got into skating...more into surfing where if you hit the water its not as hard :P

peedewba said...

darkslide to indie 500 hit buy a bus or at leaset in a vidya game

Some_Chi_Guy said...

The easiest way to prevent injury is KNOWING YOUR LIMITS!!! I've seen too many people attempt things they weren't ready for and wound up damn near killing themselves.

Snowblind3 said...

I can't count the number of broken bones I have had..

Post a Comment